Monthly Update: December
November’s Goals: feel more comfortable in awkward situations, work on creative block… Okay, so November didn’t go as well as I’d hoped, but I feel like I’m still on “the right track.”
And now for a quick update…
- ‘tis the season to feel the negative pressure from society for being single, yay! cuddling couples, decorated trees, gift-giving, snuggling, holding hands, kissing in the park, ahhh! is it too much to ask to enjoy oneself with a little Charlie Brown tree without feeling like a complete loser? No presents, but lots of candy. No snugging, but can hog all the sheets & pillows. No compromised-movie watching, but all the Star Wars and Elf I can get! No “oh, I’ll only have two slices,” but rather eating a whole pizza & breadsticks. I’m on a tangent, but I know that half of you reading this get what I’m saying, and thank you for listening…as for the rest of you, mind my bitterness, you are probably in a happy relationship & don’t understand “being single” anymore…and I digress, again.
- I…ah, fuck it. It’s the last month of this blog and I’ve got to figure out if I want to continue with this blog “365” day thing, but change the content? or do something different? Suggestions?
- More goals: I want to decorate my apartment for realz (posters, artwork, photos, a work-desk, etc.) I want to rid of stuff I brought from my dad’s that I don’t need or use anymore, a “spring cleaning” …so to speak. I want to start working on cosplaying and doing more mixed-media work, I think that will help the “creative block” thing more so than anything.
- If anyone has some “tips” on keeping busy or staying focused, I’d love to hear your thoughts; working 6 days a week seems to have made me lazy on my days off…
- Biggest thing, I want to stop worrying about how much money I have/make and I want to finally start having a saving account. I’m not sure if it’s because I’m not working enough, if I need to take on some freelance projects, or just figuring out how to save more of the money that comes in. If anyone wants to give their “adult advice” on how I can be more “adult like” — feel free to send me a message, I’m kinda desperate to not have “money issues” my #1 stress.
- And lastly — I’m trying to stay positive, motivated, and productive. yay, ha!
Also, isn’t Elvira so cute in a lil Christmas-pinup outfit? heh, and, I’m holding my new catwoman PEZ from Aaron, eeeeee!
p.s. send me suggestions for alternate Christmas movies/shows to watch! I would like to be in the “spirit of things,” but can’t watch too many “mushy-gushy” stuff, ya dig? ;)